GS18 Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is now OPEN. The deadline for submitting abstracts is 31 December 2019.
Please use the template at the end of this announcement to prepare your abstract and learn about the requirements.
Once the abstract is ready please send to email@example.com.
Abstracts should report on:
1) Evidence and critical reflections on existing national- and regional-level actions to advance gender equality in agriculture and climate smart agricultural practices,
2) Knowledge-based research that reflects on instruments, measures and practices geared towards tackling and mitigating the emission of greenhouse gas and subsequent effects on agriculture,
3) Policies that can be put forward to effectively tackle gender inequality in agriculture and food systems,
4) Best practices in line with promoting agricultural enterprises, especially those led by women, across the continent,
5) The role that gendered indigenous and local knowledge plays in agriculture, and,
6) How to build gender-inclusive and transformative agriculture and food systems.
Abstracts offering interesting results on any other topic relevant to the general theme, Agriculture through the Gender Lens: from Surviving to Thriving in a Climate Changing World shall be welcomed and reviewed.
Abstracts will be selected on the basis of quality assessed by the Review Panel.
The selection process could result in a poster presentation, inclusion as a panel speaker, and/or inclusion in the Book of Abstracts.
Kindly note that we welcome applications from diverse groups including, but not limited to, women, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, minorities, and persons of any marginalized groups.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Review Panel
The abstracts will be selected either for: 1) inclusion as a panelist, 2) a poster presentation, and/or 3) inclusion in the Book of Abstracts.
All accepted abstracts will be published in a book of abstracts in digital format as submitted.
Preparing your abstract
In order for your abstract to be reviewed, please make sure to fulfil the following conditions:
1. create using this GS Abstract Template
2. complete, proof-read and fully-format
3. ensure abstract is not longer than 500 word and 1-page in length
4. save as a pdf file
5. name your file: GS18_LastName_FirstName.pdf)
The conference cannot offer travel or accommodation support for the selected abstracts, although exceptional circumstances will be taken into consideration when possible.
Please solicit support from your institution prior to reaching out for assistance.