GS16 Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is now CLOSED.
Please use this link to download the template to prepare your abstract and learn about the requirements.
Once the abstract is ready please send to
Abstracts should report on:
1) research involving considerations of biological (sex) and/or socio-cultural (gender) factors and differences in research content and impact; or
2) development of tools, methods, practices that advance gender equality in science participation, and diversity and inclusion in decision making and leadership; or
3) research promoting societal well-being and sustainable innovation.
Topics of particular interest are: new advances in gender sensitive research; best practices for assessment of merit; role of disciplinary and/or organisational research cultures; decision-making and leadership; scientific performance and societal relevance; and digital transformation of science and STEM higher education.
However, abstracts offering interesting results on any other topic relevant to the general theme Diversity and Gender in Science: Enhancing the Value of Research and Innovation are also welcome.
Abstracts will be selected in the basis of quality assessed by the Review Panel.
The selection process can result in the following results:
1. Abstracts that contribute new research findings or examples of best practices may be selected for inclusion as panel speakers; or
2. Abstracts that report on ongoing projects with results already coming in may be selected for a poster presentation; or
3. Abstracts disseminating information about new or forthcoming research/project may be included in the poster exhibition; and
4. All abstracts apart of those that are disqualified on the grounds of poor quality will be included in the Book of Abstracts.
The conference cannot offer travel or accommodation support for the selected abstracts, although exceptional circumstances will be taken into consideration.